Time management is the process of planning and controlling how much time to spend on specific activities. Good time management enables an individual to complete more in a shorter period with low stress and leads to success.
I inculcated the habit of making a to-do list recently and it worked very well for me. The tasks which I used to postpone before, or forgot and accumulated till the end putting an allotment on it, now I am pushing myself and doing it.
Tips on time management:
1)SET GOALS CORRECTLY:
- Set Specific Goals-Your goal must be clear and well-defined.
- Set Measurable Goals-Include precise amounts, dates, and so on in your goals so you can measure your degree of success. Try rating yourself every day on how much you feel you have progressed on your goal.
- Set Attainable Goals-Make sure that it’s realistic and achievable.
- Set Relevant Goals-Make sure your goals are relevant and required to be achieved.
- Set Time-Bound Goals-Set a timeline and consider it as a deadline. That will make you more focused and work towards it actively. e.g. Walk 30 minutes every day etc.
- Start with the list
- Determine the top priority-A priority if not completed today will lead to a significant consequence.
- Rank others based on this category.
- Repeat the process each day.
3)SET A TIME LIMIT:
Set a time limit for every task you’re planning to do. When you do so you are making yourself ready for finishing the task at the given ample of time.
You can observe some pros when you follow these:
It can help you enhance your productivity by helping you to stay focused and committed to the critical tasks at hand.
Setting a timer also helps with blocking out distractions and allows you to get more done in less time.
Don’t let the time allotted expand and fill your schedule. Set a specific time limit for each task and get to work.
4)TAKE BREAKS BETWEEN TASKS:
Continuous work is not good for health. If we won’t take a break we will feel tired till the end of the day. Make sure you give breathing space(buffer) between tasks and it’s not airtight.
Taking breaks between tasks helps us feel more:
If you organize yourself, you plan your work and activities in an ordered, efficient way.
“Organize your life around your dreams, and watch them come true.”
6)REMOVE NON ESSENTIAL TASKS:
It is important to remove excess activities that add no value to your life.
Determine what is significant and deserves your time.
Removal of excess /unnecessary tasks frees up more time.
Plan your tasks and follow them every day.
It is not an overnight thing that you can achieve. This takes a lot of consistency and practice. You might make few mistakes initially while your planning, you may deviate, can come across unforeseen interruptions but don’t stress out, you will eventually learn and become much better.
I am working and trying to make myself better every day, hope this blog would help you and get you some insights.
Also, share your journey and the challenges you face. Let’s help each other and try to become a better version of ourselves.